[TenTec] Omni VI Trouble Shooting Question

Roger Rippy svtincup at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 05:52:05 PDT 2010

Ten Tec List
I recently purchased an Omni VI opt 3 and I am
enjoying this rig very much. I still have my Triton IV
but the Omni is now my main rig and what a rig it is!
But I have an issue that I cannot resolve. On three
different occassions I have lost all control, all LEDs
go out except the meter and I hear a steady tone from
the speaker. It does not happen with on anything like
a regular basis. These three occassions have been over
the period of several weeks. If I turn the rig and power
supply off, then turn it back on; everything appears to
return to normal.

Has anyone a clue as to what is going on? I have read
through the trouble shooting procedures and cannot find
the exact situation as to the tone and loss of leds. I have
not done a Master Reset and perhaps that is my next course
of action. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
73s  Rip   W7RIP    Bozeman, MT