[TenTec] Orion ll Firmware 2.044A Will Not Load

RM royalct at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jun 20 16:18:19 PDT 2010

Current Firmware Version installed is 2.06b14

In trying to install 2.044A, I consistently receive the error Communications
with the radio failed, and so on.  I'm using a USB to Serial Port converter
which has been running with this radio without any problems.  In fact, I
loaded 2.06b14 using this setup.

I don't believe it's the USB-to-Serial converter, since I control the radio
and logging functions with DxBase 2007 without any issues.  (baud rate set
to 57600, Word Length set to 8, Stop Bits set to 2, and assigned to comport
5). I've not had any problems loading the previous versions with the
USB/Serial converter, or any problems with DxBase at the above settings.

Ron / NU1U