[TenTec] Memphis Via Sevierville

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 11 20:19:59 PST 2010

Sevierville is close to Knoxville, and just immediately North
of Pigeon Forge which is a really an huge tourist trap of immense
proportions, and also the home of Dollywood, an amusement
park, and just South of that is Gatlinburg, which is an equally
touristy trap.   BUT... in the off season, the hotels are extremely
cheap  (My car friends and I stay there before driving our sports
cars in the Great Smokey Mountains and all over the twisty
mountain roads in North Carolina.  Lots of shows and tourist
places - all along the road.   But at this time of year, the hotels
cost like $23 per room all up and down the strip, so it is a
natural place to put up for the night - plenty of cheap
food and lodging.   It is worth it just for the cheap lodging.

It is just a very short jaunt to the TenTec plant.   A tour will take
less than an hour.   Store has a paucity of items, really, so the
real reason to visit the plant is to tour it or buy something or
talk to the sales or tech guys.  But the store is not the draw.

I can send you photos of the plan if you like - in and out.
Unless you don't want to spoil it before you get there...     ;-)

Even my wire enjoyed the brief tour.    You could do it in half
an hour to 45 minutes if your traveling partner was short on
patience or interest.

Just MY take.