[TenTec] Yamaha CM-500

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Mon Mar 22 01:57:17 PDT 2010

Yes... many other vendors still list it that way, also.

Parenthetically,  I contend the Koss SB-45 headset, with electret
condenser mic and closed earphone receivers, is the equal or better of
the Yamaha CM-500 headset.   I say this after using both on the same
Omni VII and comparing sound recordings sent to me from other operators.

Similarly, I like the open air earphone receivers of the Sennheiser
PC-121 headset - also with a great microphone element for the price -
are just as good, and provide a good quality for a fairly low price.

That provides an alternative.  I purchased some connector adapters from
a guy on the internet... and now I have a set of adapters for nearly any
rig using an 8 pin connector I might encounter in the field.

As these are also electret condenser computer type microphone elements,
the run hot, and you may wanna reduce hardware gain to give the AGC the
proper room to breathe in.

Just my take.