[TenTec] wither CW?

d.e.warnick at comcast.net d.e.warnick at comcast.net
Mon May 24 17:14:52 PDT 2010

Different strokes for different folks. Each must live by his/her own standards.

I choose to not use a cluster or CW copying software. The technology is there if I want it. The choice is mine. Then again, I know I'll never win a major contest. I'm happy with that. Of course, I never roll my ball when I play golf. I'm just anal. That doesn't mean that anyone else needs to be that way. In each case, I compete with only myself. For those with different goals, it's great. We sometimes forget that one of the great strengths of our sport (hobby) is the diversity of those who are part of it. Those who push the envelope help to advance the technology. God bless them for it.

Maybe the years are creeping into my philosophy, but I love CW and SSB and digital modes. Since I discovered TenTec they have all gotten better. I choose to stay with them. Others don't and in fact shouldn't.

Hope to see all of you on the air in one mode or another, in a contest or a rag chew or while just working DX

Just my 2 cents worth

73

Dave

WA3MKB