[TenTec] Need help understanding Orion II receive artifact

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer2 at q.com
Wed Nov 10 14:34:52 PST 2010

Dave - that is probably the worst possible way to use an Orion - and was the
source of all sorts of issues when Orion first came out . You are right,
this was discussed at length - but has not been talked about for quite
awhile now.

Quick simple answer is run AF gain about 1/2 to 2/3  and control with RF
Gain. If you look at the Ten Tec site there are papers on optimum use of
Orion AGC for weak signals , for contesting etc . There is also some writeup
in the manual for both the 565 and the 566 .

If you cannot find the stuff - let me know off line and I will dig some out
.

73 de hank K7HP