[TenTec] OT

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:56:58 PST 2010

Steve,  I'm not sure why you want to keep beating on a point no one is
in disagreement with you over but okay, whatever.

<A Resistive choke will *always* reduce CM currents; a Reactive choke may
not.>

<<<*It certainly is true that the ferrite core c.m. chokes have much more pure*
>* resistance and are useful over a very wide range of frequencies compared to*
>* a large coil of coaxial cable (a.k.a. air core choke).*>>>

But if you wish to state that an air core coil is completely
ineffective then you are incorrect.

Re, flux, Z and heating with regard to good design you are correct.
But there are many bad ferrite choke designs for sale.  I happen to
know that my solenoid made of 213 did what I wanted and it did not
heat.  I hope this does not annoy you too much.

73

Rob
K5UJ