[TenTec] Auto Tuners

Roger Rippy svtincup at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 05:00:47 PDT 2010

Thanks for the latest go-around of comments and suggestions on replacing my MFJ tuner on the Omni VI. Richard (K8JHR) and Bob (W2pnj) both agree on the Palstar AT and I would be hard pressed to disagree, but do not have an amp and really do not want to spend that much money. I have a Palstar PM2000A Wattmeter and it is a quality piece of gear. Jerry (K0CQ) and Vic (WA4THR), I thank you for taking the time to inform me of the tune/power consideration with the LDG auto tuner and I agree on using low power for any tuning anyway. The are several used TT 238 tuners on the market but they will be a manual tuner and they are (of course) more than a new LDG AT. If I can find a TT238 at a lower price in the next couple of weeks, I would prefer to go that route otherwise it will be the LDG. Besides the XYL (also a ham) has told me that my allowance for October has a serious debit in the form of a new key (paddles) from K8RA!! Hi Hi
73s all Rip W7RIP
Roger & Marie Rippy  Bozeman, Montana