[TenTec] Corsair II Amplifier Relay

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Tue Oct 5 21:15:51 PDT 2010

Why would you want a PIN diode? That relay doesn't handle RF, its to KEY
the PA control circuit. You could replace it with a transistor, either
bipolar or FET providing the PA keying circuit was at a compatible
voltage (including polarity) and current. The relay has some versatility
that way being polarity insensitive and at least one amp, the Collins
30L-1 has a negative keying voltage with significant current. Negative
like -120 volts DC.

73, Jerry, K0CQ