[TenTec] 2.8 filters and Omni V...just won't work

scott sheppard scottsheppard at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 28 19:10:59 PDT 2010

Hello,

I took the plunge and installed the inrad 2.8 filters. After some
playing around I think I set the null correctly (or as best I could
using an additional receiver at home).I went on the air and asked for
the proverbial 'hows my audio' which rec'd rave reviews. After a bit of
operating, however, I was told I was wide and TX on both sidebands. I
checked and sure enough I was able to copy myself on 80m USB as well as
LSB. I have tweaked the R38 and R39 on the tx Audio board as best I can.
Am I missing a step (other than removing the 2.8's and putting the 2.4
's in again.??

I have read over most the posts and can't see what else I could do
(other than contact a friend to helps scope it). As to carrier, I don't
appear to have any so it is nulled, I am just wide (splatter?) and
copyable on both sidebands.groan, this was supposed to be a fun project.

Kind regards

Scott VA3IED