[TenTec] Orion problem after master reset - band buttons put 00000 in VFOs

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:22:30 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Zivney, Terry L. <00tlzivney at bsu.edu> wrote:
> I was having a lot of crashes today in a contest running my Orion v1.372.
> So, I tried the master rest (power up holding the VFO B lock button)
>
> Now, the band buttons above the VFO B knob put 0.0000 in the
> VFO instead of a frequency from the appropriate band.  I don't
> remember this "feature" before.
>
> Also,  during one of the reboots I got a "battery failure" message.
>
> I've fiddled for about an hour during the contest and will have to
> drop out!  Ouch!

Why don't you just directly enter the frequency with the Orion keypad
or use your Logging program to change bands - to stay in the contest
until you get the Orion band change sorted out?  N1MM Logger has
instant QSY to any freq you type in the entry window.

FWIW, I never use the Orion band buttons anyway because they've never
been reliable for me.

GL, Barry N1EU