[TenTec] More on problem after master reset and battery

Zivney, Terry L. 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Sun Oct 31 05:05:12 PDT 2010

Thanks to all about the info about the backup battery - will look into getting a new one
(actually two) first thing Monday when TenTec opens up.

I can't get the Orion to hear anything after the maste reset - the meter reads 50% of
full scale no matter where the RF gain is set.  I had done the master reset because the
Orion receiver was locking up every time I tuned it with the knob after going to the
desired starting frequency under logging computer control.

My other Orion had developed some undesireable "roughness" on receive earlier
in the contest, so my SO2R capability was lost Saturday morning.  After 36 hours
without sleep, I didn't feel like trying to troubleshoot any more at that time.

Fortunately, the Orion had no problems on the trip to and from Russia for WRTC -

Terry Zivney, N4TZ