[TenTec] The Eagle

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sat Sep 25 09:16:05 PDT 2010

This sounds like an answer to the K3...small, modular, 6 meters.  If the IMD
specs are in the ballpark with the top-runners like the O2, Flex and K3,
this could be real winner for TT!

Suggestions for some options:

    Fully remote-able, including audio and keying like the Omni VII...'plug
'n' play over ethernet/internet.
    High stability OCXO
    True Sub RX sync with Main RX
    2-meter and above modules
    Really good band-scope/spectrum analyzer with output for large external
monitor screen

Some of these are the reasons I hear from my friends in the Northern
California Contest Club why they jumped early on the K3 bandwagon...many of
them own two K3's!  Of course it helps that Elecraft's owners are NCCC
members and they show up regularly at local club meetings and conventions.

Note to the marketing department:  TT should market this new radio to the
west coast as well and attend our two big conventions, Pacificon and
Visalia.  Elecraft, Flex and "Y-I-K" always have big booths at both shows.

            Ron Castro
                 N6IE
       www.N6IE.com