[TenTec] eagle

Don Jones flash.bang at comcast.net
Sat Apr 2 17:12:10 PDT 2011

Yea what Lee said! Perfect!
I have three watt meters here and all three of them give me different
readings.
Bottom line, unless you are using a calibrated power meter, any power meter
a ham uses or purchases is for relative indication purposes only.
When I researched Ten Tec and found that the output of some of their rigs
was rated at +/- 1dB, I made the same calculation Lee obviously did. When I
purchased my OMNI VI Opt 3 the seller advised me he was only getting 80W out
of the rig. I was not concerned and bought it anyway.
When I got it here, I powered it up using a TT 961 power supply and got 100W
out indication from my new VI on my "power meter".
My guess is that my higher power supply has a slightly higher output voltage
than the seller's Astron power supply resulting in a possibly higher power
output indication on my un-calibrated power meter.

73,
Don Jones
Arlington, WA