[TenTec] Corsair - blank LED segments

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Wed Apr 6 14:43:44 PDT 2011

Corsair or Corsair II? Your post says Corsair. There is not much in
common between Corsair and Corsair II displays. My post is based on the
original Corsair schematics where ALL the digits come from the counter.

On the II, the segment driver for the MHz digits is different from the
segment driver for the KHZ and Hz digits. And so the connections between
the boards is different. Its not likely to be a display LED problem
though a shorted LED could conceivable blow the driver which is
protected a little by a series resistor. I expect a bad cable connection
rather than a bad IC or resistor.

73, Jerry, K0CQ