[TenTec] Corsair II AGC circuit

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 17:09:34 PDT 2011

Re: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC circuit
from [Steve Hunt] [Permanent Link][Original]

Amazing - great work Steve. However it complicates things.

It has been easy in the past drawing a line between the bandswitch + PTO based Ten Tec transceivers and the trend that began with OMNI 5 / Paragon. There was a substantial gap in concept - a Corsair would never be as agile as OMNI 5 / Paragon, and OMNI 5 / Paragon would never be as "pure" as a Corsair.

Putting the AGC mod you have suggested in OMNI 6 or installing DDS w/memories and split in the Corsair II is blurring the lines of identity, closing the gap - in a good way, of course.

There is so much you can do, all the way up to the point where the radio is software defined. There would be plenty to do there as well, but the manufacturers are not prone to making the source "open" like the hard parts info. I am not sure what the difference is from their perspective.