[TenTec] Omni6/Omni6+ AGC pop on cw leading edge

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Tue Dec 13 06:12:27 PST 2011

You should be able to change the 270-ohm resistor to find a more suitable
attack time.  You don't want attack *too fast.*  Then, the AGC starts
becoming overly aggressive with every micro-burst of electrical impulse
noise.  This is a huge problem with some DSP-based transceivers like the
Icom '7700 and '7800.  Rob Sherwood has discussed the effect in his
presentations.  I had both Icoms here and the AGC response to noise was very
frustrating.

Paul, W9AC