[TenTec] capacitor change in the Corsair II and Omni V

scottsheppard at videotron.ca scottsheppard at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 15 08:43:26 PST 2011

I know this topic has been discussed to one extent or another but there has been little feedback in terms of how the perceived 'improvements' were measured.

Given I was putting an order in for some parts for the Corsair Display board anyway, I ordered some extra 'audio grade' electrolytic caps and a few tantalum. caps of lower values (1 uf etc) for replacement...

Any ideas of how best to do a before and after test? I was actually thinking of just doing a short video of how the rig sounds (no antenna) before and after...

appreciate any thoughts you may have as well what boards may benefit first from the change....I am sure I will notice a difference if only in my head :)

scott VA3IED