[TenTec] 1253 Receiver kit

Bill able2fly at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 17:56:32 PST 2011

Bob,

I, like you, wanted a fun project for the time I was rehabbing after a small stroke. The 1253 seemed intriguing on Youtube so I went for it and NO regrets. A fun build and it worked just like the Regen RX of my youth except for the band switching. Sure, you gotta fiddle with the controls and not expect too much performance wise, but I think its fun to play with and just what I was looking for. BTW, the instruction manual that came with my kit a month ago did not look at all like a copy. Nice and sharp print and diagrams.

73,  Bill  K3UJ