[TenTec] 1253 Receiver kit

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Fri Feb 4 22:15:47 PST 2011

I concur.   It was fun to build and fun to operate.   It is not a high
tech SW rig, but it is fun to use - especially if you like fiddling with
knobs a little, not a lot, but a little bit.   But THAT is what I like
about radio !

I am in the middle of building the Model 1254 dual conversion superhet
model right now.   A bit more involved, but should be a rather decent SW
radio when finished.   Not complicated with lots of knobs, but it should
have acceptable selectivity and selectivity.   I will probably put it on
the nightstand for late night listening when I cannot sleep.

If you want more than a couple nights of project, maybe the Model 1254
will be a good pick.   It will be way more radio when you are finished,
and a fairly sizable challenge but not overload.

Just MY take...     Happy Trails.