[TenTec] Orion II transmit equalization

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Mon Feb 21 14:50:09 PST 2011

As much as it will allow you!  Mine makes only about 16 Watts carrier if
there is no audio.  However, there is an interesting feature in the Orions
where the carrier power actually increases as modulation increases, so the
practical result is that you can get 100 Watts PEP, and 25 Watts carrier,
but only for a few seconds, then it cuts down the power when stop talking.
At any rate, the finals are rated for a lot more power than that, so it's
safe any any level.

            Ron  N6IE
       www.N6IE.com