[TenTec] Corsair II realignment: DIY?

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 18:18:02 PST 2011

On Jan 2, 2011, at 12:56 AM, Joe Roberts wrote:

> Get a little bottle of Deoxit and clean all connectors as you go.

Joe,

I'd love to but can't figure it out. Not being in the US, I have to
get it from an eBay store. There are several that sell Deoxit
products, but none that are very clear which one they sell is the one
I need.

I can figure out that fader lube is not going to do the job, but I
can't narrow it down between five or six different products, sizes and
packages. Since whatever I buy is going to cost me $25 (or more) in
postage and customs fees plus a trip to the post office, assuming
someone in the postal system does not end up with their own little
bottle of deoxit instead of me, it's not a subject for experimentation.

So if you would please be specific and let us know exactly what you
are using, I and I'm sure a lot of other people would be very happy.

Also if you or anyone else knows of a similar product line called
Servicesol (it may not be spelled exactly that way) from the UK and
can recommend one of their products, someone here imports and sells it
and I can buy that instead. Again I would need the exact name of the
product, or I am likely to get VCR belt cleaner, or something like
it. :-)

Thanks and 73,

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.