[TenTec] Omni 6 Logic Board Failure

NL7VL neal.laugman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:55:27 PST 2011

My experience in field troubleshooting in the days of discrete
components and early TTL/CMOS was that 90% of problems always had a
relationship to a connection - be it an IC socket, bad solder joint, or
faulty multi-pin connection on the module level. I would always assume
at the beginning that the semiconductors are OK except when the board
smelled!

But with custom controller chips and the like that are flourishing
these days, I don't have the experience to comment on their reliability
one way or another. As I said earlier today, I'll talk to TT tomorrow
and try to get some information - and hopefully a TT employee might even
post a response to some of this.

--
 Neal, NL7VL