[TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?

John Oglesby john91 at charter.net
Mon Jan 24 18:27:56 PST 2011

Neal - That is the set-up I am running, three INRAD filters in a row.
An INRAD CW roofing filter and INRAD 250Hz filters in both IFs.  It
works really well in contesting.  For casual operating I run the INRAD
roofing filter with 500Hz TT filters in both IFs.  So, obviously I have
the roofing filter set to turn on on both N-1 and N-2.  If I need to use
the noise blanker (like on 160) I can't run the roofing filter as the
narrow bandwidth screws up the blanking operation.  So then I just run
the primary 500 or 250 filters.  This set-up works great for me.

The gain balance is good with the roofing filter and cascaded INRAD
250Hz filters.  Before this set-up I had some issues with the TT 250Hz
filters installed.  The passbands didn't work well together and I had to
add some additional gain.

John
N9RE