[TenTec] Orion 1 and Orion 2 advice

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 4 16:58:26 PST 2011

Karl,
You should also consider the Ten Tec Eagle.  While it is new, there are
demo units that TT offers from time to time.  It all depends on the
seriousness of your DXing.  The O2 has about anything one could want, by
including the color display.  But, it is a lot more radio to learn as to
menu choices than the very operator oriented and simplified but with
good specs, the Eagle.  The same complexity appears in the O1, but good
buys are out there as folks decide to trade up to the color display
instead of black and white grey scale display of band spectrum.

I like my radios to be more radio than computer looking.  For that
reason and because I have a similar looking Argonaut V, I am leaning
toward the Eagle.  The Eagle is very compact, for a 100 watt radio,
which might be useful to you, if you ever travel to a DX-pedition.

73,
Stuart Rohre
K5KVH