[TenTec] O3 wish list

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu May 12 09:49:41 PDT 2011

On 5/12/2011 9:29 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
>   If the rig mfr provides I.F. output,
> they've done their job.

I agree with all of this, especially the comments by Floyd, quoted by
Paul, about the importance of being able to adjust sweep rate and
bandwidth to get different levels of detail.  This is something that we
learned in the pro audio world in the early 80s when we began using Time
Delay Sprectrometry extensively to study electroacoustic transducers and
the acoustics of spaces.

FWIW, I have a pair of Elecraft P3s integrated into my contesting
station, and really like them.One of their virtues, of course, is their
compact size (as compared to a laptop display) and the integration of
their functionality  with the K3.  I suspect that they would probably
work quite well with an Orion. Interestly, I got the email equivalent of
blank stare from the designer when I asked questions about the
above-noted FFT resolution.

73, Jim K9YC