[TenTec] Fwd: Model 715 question

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu May 26 22:07:02 PDT 2011

Yeah!    I appreciate your take on the matter.

It is sorta odd that the HEIL headsets are almost never sold at the big
broadcast supply houses...  I see Sennheiser, AudioTechnica,
BeyerDynamic, AKG, Shure, Eartec, and Telex, to name a few I do see,
instead.    It is a puzzlement why not, because they are of decent
quality, and, in contrast, HEIL microphones ARE beginning to get LOTS
more play at the supply houses... mostly for recording and interview
purposes, and I think that is a result of Bob Heil's doing a much better
marketing job lately.   Why the microphones seem to sell, but not the
headsets, is a curiosity.    But the headsets don't seem to sell outside
the ham world like their microphones do.

The only reason I don't have one is because my business associate and I
once considered selling HEIL microphones about a decade ago.   Bob had a
sales rep who outdid himself in both rudeness and arrogance, so we took
a hike, and decided to sell Sennheiser gear, instead.   Nothing
personal,  we just got hinky and hiked.   It was not because the gear
was bad.    We were really liking the
PR-20 microphone.   It really is a good microphone, but we opted to sell the
Sennheiser 3-835 for $40 less, instead.   The Sennheiser rep was a
pleasure to work with ...

By the way..

I HAVE SOME MONO  1/4 INCH  JACK to  1/8 INCH PLUGS ...

I can send ya one if you need it.   They seem harder to come by these
days, as  most guys just use the three pole stereo adapters, and just
ignore the ring (middle) connector.

Would that help you out ?

Happy Trails.