[TenTec] Antenna-Analyzer

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Wed Nov 16 15:35:31 PST 2011

Same here, Steve.  No complex Z and I don't see reference to it in the
on-line manual.  I was searching for that early this morning.  The new
MFJ-266 looks interesting for the price.  Not sure as to its accuracy.

Although a bit pricey, it's tough to beat the new VNWA3 for a USB-powered
VNA.  Just connect a small netbook PC and the VNWA3.  Not exactly ideal for
taking it up a tower, so the new  MFJ unit or Autek VA1 looks like a viable
alternative for that purpose *if* it can handle some hard knocks.

I'm currently using an N2PK VNA for transmission measurements, but
unfortunately, it doesn't come assembled.  What's kinda' cool is that
plug-in files are available to run VNWA3 software with the N2PK.  I
routinely alternate between MyVNA and the VNWA3 software.

Paul, W9AC