[TenTec] Omni Speech Processor

amsctalx at comcast.net amsctalx at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 08:55:04 PST 2011

Richard -

I am not an expert on this topic, but I just went around with this myself prior to the recent purchase of a 715 Speech Processor. The built-in speech processor is an "audio" (DSP) processor. The 715 is an RF speech processor, and (according to the operators I have conversed with) there is a marked difference in percieved "loudness" and average signal strength indication between un-processed input, the "audio" processor and the 715 with the RF being the clear winner for loudness. Audio quality, eh...not so much.

Hope this helps!

Mike Alexander - N8MSA
Ten-Tec Omni VII