[TenTec] Omni Speech Processor

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Tue Nov 29 09:32:14 PST 2011

I purchased the 715 to use with my OMNI-VI+, but kept it to use when I
upgraded to the OMNI-VII. My experiences in DXing and Contesting show the
715's 6dB increase in TX average power to be perceived as louder (like
turning on a small amplifier) by the distant operator. I'm frequently told
that I'm loud while running just 100 Watts, but nearby Hams say the signal
is clean and narrow.

The 715 is probably your most cost effective improvement to for your
transmitted signal.

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M