[TenTec] Omni Speech Processor

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Wed Nov 30 06:14:45 PST 2011

And 6dB is the same as 4X (times). So the 715 effect is just about the same
as adding a small amplifier like a SB-200 or 30L1.  For the past several
years, I have just run the 715 when DXing and Contesting rather than turn
the Titan 425 on. But if a all time new one, (ST0R or my last two - FT8W or
VP8-S) came up then the amp goes on too. Just make sure if you use an
amplifier with a 715, that the amplifier can handle the extra 6 dB average
power increase and associated cooling issues. Likewise the transceiver PA
and cooling system if running near its design peak output during contesting
or other high duty cycle operating.

And finally the 715 will work with any SSB transceiver / transmitter as long
as you can insert it between the station microphone and transceiver /
transmitter connector. Cables and adapters are available from TT and other
manufacturers.

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M
OMNI-VII and Corsair-II