[TenTec] Paragon II and Omni Rig settings

pchance at quickdata.com pchance at quickdata.com
Tue Nov 29 10:20:56 PST 2011

I see that OmniRig supports the Paragon II for some of Afeet's software
(BandMaster, CW Skimmer, etc.)

According to the manual, the Paragon should be set up like an Icom 735,
But I have another paper from the internet that says there's a typo and it
should be the Icom 765; it also lists an error in one of the command
strings.

The OmniRig panel allows me to select the Paragon as a rig, but I still
have to put in handshaking parameters.

The manual says to use 1200 baud but it also says that is sofware
controlled. Does that mean I could make it faster? If so, how fast (4800
baud, etc.)?

It gives the standard 1 stop bit, no parity, etc. but then the config
panel ask for DTS and RTS to be high or low. I didn't see any mention of
that in the manual. Which should I use?

Also there were to speed parameters at the bottom of the config panel. I
don't have it in front of me but if you use Omni Rig you can see them.
What should I put in those settings?

I askd Alex to add the Paragon II to the omnirig list years ago and he
did. Then I asked for the ArgoV to be added and it never made it - a
shame.

Please advise on those last four settings of OmniRig.

Thank you and 73,
Paul
K7NHB