[TenTec] September QST Ad

Frank Kirschner KF6E at mail.com
Wed Oct 5 05:46:10 PDT 2011

Much ado about nothing, but it is revealing about a specific human trait: brand loyalty. People who are fans of one brand (be it an actual brand, a religion, a political party, etc.) tend to see things in a particular way, a way which is often very different from reality.

 The complainer obviously doesn't like Ten Tec, so he saw this as an egregious error. The same or worse errors in ads for his favorite brand would be ignored. This has been clearly shown in controlled studies.

 What this tells us is, when making a decision (whether about a transceiver, a car, a political candidate, or anything else), we should be aware of our own biases. We will make better decisions that way.

 73,
 Frank
 KF6E
 Ten Tec fan