[TenTec] Noise in Omni V

Frank Kirschner KF6E at mail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:25:44 PDT 2011

I have never experienced that with my Omni V, but I have run into it in other equipment. It's usually a capacitor that has gone bad, becoming leaky, changing the bias on a circuit, and causing it to oscillate. If it affects both transmit and receive, it's probably somewhere in, or at the input to, the IF stage. It could also be in the AGC somewhere, since it only occurs when there is a signal present.

 GL.

 73, Frank
 KF6E