[TenTec] Orion backup battery

peterhills at comcast.net peterhills at comcast.net
Mon Oct 10 13:57:33 PDT 2011

Subject: [TenTec] Orion backup battery

TEN-TEC Sold me the ST Microelectronics M4T28-BR12SH1 Timekeeper snaphat lithium cell

for $5 + $3 shipping in January of this year. Note M4T, not Z.

It's [January 2011] data sheet: http://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/13125.pdf was unfound today on internet.

The DIP Extractor tool pictured in above looked like simple, flat-sided tweezer to pry it up, with small teeth at ends to prevent dropping device.

[ orion565 at yahoogroups.com comments said small screwdriver works]

Its Jan 2011 still available ST Microelectronics Application Note:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/SGSThomsonMicroelectronics/mXyyqty.pdf

Use- Life appears to be 7-10 yrs. Storage-Life could be much longer

Mine failed Jan 2011 after approx 7 to 8 yrs near-daily use

I hope this as helpful to you as your inputs to the site have been to me.

Pete W0HXB w0hxb at arrl.net