[TenTec] How do you remove the Corsair II Tuning Knob?

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at verizon.net
Fri Oct 21 15:46:34 PDT 2011

I believe that the knob was designed by Ten Tec.   They have their own
in-house die making and injection  molding capability. Plus, you will
notice that the shaft diameter is not the standard 1/4 inch.  The dial
skirt is easy to remove.  It just pulls off. The trick is in replacing
it. The tool that Ten Tec suggested in the original Corsair manual
works, but not well. A better way is to use dental floss to snag and
retract the spring while you push the skirt onto the shaft.

Bob WB2VUF