[TenTec] Argosy--low power problem

Mike Hyder -N4NT- Mike_N4NT at charter.net
Tue Oct 25 17:55:18 PDT 2011

Once upon a time long, long ago a technician friend and I, equipped with
good test gear undertook to align an Argosy II, 525. We had a bit of
difficulty with the trap - 9MHz, I think it was (it could have been
anything), but finally got it to be acceptable to us. From that day on, my
525 had erratic power levels on some bands.

I hauled it down to Ten-Tec and handed it over to Garland Jenkins (how we
miss him). I told him of the trap adjustment. He doubted that could be the
trouble but it was. He fixed it and I kept my diddle stick out of that rig
from then on.

73, Mike N4NT