[TenTec] Adding headset boom mic to headphones?

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Thu Oct 27 11:44:56 PDT 2011

Barry:  It's hard to give specifics without having all the part in hand, but
I know that Dean, N6BV, the noted former editor of the ARRL antenna handbook
uses a pair of Sony MDR 7506 headphones onto which he epoxied a headset boom
from an old Heil headset using an HC5 element. That's probably about the
best combination I can think of for DX, contesting and most casual use and
should work fine on all TT rigs.  I use the 7506's on my Orion II and they
work superbly!

             Ron Castro
                  N6IE
         www.N6IE.com