[TenTec] Solving PTO drift

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at verizon.net
Tue Sep 6 18:07:23 PDT 2011

Andrew:

It could be the BFO crystal or associated trimmer caps on Double
Sideband Generator Board, but most likely it is the PTO itself. Your
best bet is to tinker with the value of C9 on the foil side of the PTO
board. This is an N750 (negative 750 ppm/C°) temperature compensating
cap. You may need more or less capacitance, depending on which direction
the PTO is drifting.  Unfortunately, in the present digital age,
temperature compensating capacitors are hard to find.

             73,

             Bob WB2VUF