[TenTec] What Radio?

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Sat Sep 10 18:38:26 PDT 2011

I find its not just as simple as 100 Watts to 300 Watts with SSB.  I've been
using the TenTec Model 715 RF Clipper for a couple of years and find that
running my OMNI-VII at 100 Watts with 15 dB of RF clipping is just about as
good as running a small (SB-200/30L-1 type) amp. The bandwidth and shape of
the transmitted signal and the ears on the receiving end are in my mind more
important than my power.  But if the RX and ears on the other end cannot
pull my 100W signals out, I can QSY or increase power to the Legal Limit of
the Titan 425.... I usually just QSY unless it’s a new one (VP8-S or FT8W).

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M