[TenTec] What Radio?

Chuck ae4bc at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 08:43:36 PDT 2011

Well put, Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: d.e.warnick <d.e.warnick at comcast.net>
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Mon, Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What Radio?

Yeah, but 1000 watts to an antenna with 8 db gain is the equivalent 6300 watts
o an antenna with 8 db less gain (be careful whether you're comparing to a
ipole or an isotropic).

I've got 2 to 3 times the investment in a modest antenna over the rest of my
tation. Modest is a Mosley Pro 96 at 100' along with 6 & 2 M beams. The rest of
he station is an Orion II, an Omni VII and a 6N2 plus 2 Herc II and a Titan.

It really doesn't matter, though. The beauty of ham radio is our diversity. Some
uys love QRO, some love QRP and there are a whole bunch in the middle. The
unch in the middle are probably the most sane, but I just can't see joining
hem. My choice.
Do what you like. That's what it's all about. There doesn't have to be a
'right' or a 'wrong'. Just get on the air.

Dave
WA3F