[TenTec] Earth those feeders

Joseph or Ruth Patrick hdmc38 at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 13 14:38:06 PDT 2011

Good Afternoon Jim

 Excellent description of the NEC. Recently  I had a near lightning strike. My
tower and ground system is set up per the nec as a single point ground system.
The strike took out 1 radio, 1 printer, a Signalink USB interface, and a ceiling
fan speed control in another room. After much discussion with people much more
knowledgeable than myself it was determined that the spike entered thru the main
AC feed. I have decided to install a surge suppressor at the main feed. My
question is what about the ground line where it enters the  shack. Does this
need protection or disconnection also? I am not an EE or an electrician. I do
have knowledge of the the NEC as it is adopted in my municipality. I would
appreciate your thoughts on this if you have some time. Thank you in advance.
 73 DE K4XZ Joe Patrick
God Made Man
Sam Colt Made Them Equal