[TenTec] 566 v3.028

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Wed Apr 4 17:11:14 PDT 2012

Hi John,

I'm quite pleased with v3.028 on CW, especially the SAF.  I still have an
issue with it on SSB, namely the performance with the 707 mic.  My 707 worked
well with v2.041XT, but with v3.028 I have to set the gain settings so high
that distortion and RF feedback are real problems.  The SP is almost
useless due to distortion.  My immediate fix was to go back to the 706 mic, which
needs less gain and settings for it weren't hard to find.  Still, I'd like
to go back to the 707 some day.

I'm copying the reflector on this to see if anyone else has a similar
problem.

Tnx & 73,

Ray W2RS