[TenTec] TEN-TEC Community

Wilford D Lindsey qrpnut5 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:04:34 PDT 2012

Rick:

Re taking glare off of shiny things in bright light, I remember in TV work we used to have a product in a spray can which we used to take the really "hot spots" off of things in scenes.  This goes way back to the days of B&W TV when we used HUGE lighting and had to literally employ folks to pull the huge heavy camera cables.  Sorry I don't recall the name of the product.

Another thot = photographers sometimes take Kleenex (sic), split the double thickness into one, and then place the one thickness over the *flash* of the camera.  This cuts down the direct hot light just enuf (while also diffusing it) that a lot of the objectionable hot spots caused by flash are magically removed.  BUT note = be certain to keep ze feengers outta dee picture.  You might simply think of using scissors, a small piece of Kleenex or similar, Scotch tape, etc, etc.

Anyway, Good Luck Sir.  And I hope and invite you to post your pics on the reflector for all to celebrate!

73,
Doc/K0EVZ