[TenTec] Argosy on Battery

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Sat Apr 28 17:04:02 PDT 2012

If you want to be on the safe side and protect the final amplifier
transistors, get the proper fast-acting breaker (sorry, I don't have the
Airpax number handy, but I might be able to find it if you need it). The
breaker can also be used as a switch (the front panel switch isn't husky
enough to handle the DC current on transmit, at least on high power.)

As to the question about whether the 7AH battery is enough capacity, here's a
link to a spreadsheet you can download to calculate battery operating time
(courtesy of a good friend of mine, WA0ITP, of the Four State QRP Group):
http://www.wa0itp.com/battcalcrev12aug2001.xls

TNX/73, Al