[TenTec] Argosy on Battery

John jh.graves at verizon.net
Sat Apr 28 13:02:59 PDT 2012

I am planning on taking my Argosy on the road this summer and will need
to make a new connection to utilize  a 7 Ah battery (removed fire
detector stock.)  Do I need to put a switch and current limiting in line
in this application or can I just utilize a 4 pin mate-N-Lock connector
using just the power connections.  What have others done in regards to
portable power for the Argosy?  If I stay at 5 watts is 7 amp hours
enough capacity?

As an aside, I am also putting together a portable vertical that will
cover 60M to 10M with enough adjustment range that a tuner will not be
required (AD5X design.)  I am looking forward to seeing what I can do at
QRP power at lunch stops, rest stops or even radio stops.

-- John / WA1JG