[TenTec] 566 v3.029 and 707 Regal mic

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Dec 2 20:52:15 EST 2012

Thanks for the uptake on the different impedance values.  Further
research at the suggestion of another list member has me thinking ...
well ... er... what I wrote was mostly correct for most situations, but
perhaps not in the case of a microphone with a VERY high impedance of 50
K ohms compared to a more typical impedance range of anywhere between
3000 and 1000 ohms.   I had been under the impression the TT microphones
all had much lower impedance ratings, and a 50 K ohm rating was outside
the scope of my comments.  So, while generally what I said is true, it
may not be true in the case of a very high impedance mic of that nature.

I apologize if I sent matters in a wrong direction... my intentions are
good... and my road to He** is well paved with all my good intentions.

Happy days, and thanks again for the uptake.

(Bottom line - Listen to Bob, of course...)

..