[TenTec] Corsair II Mixer Balance Adjustment

K4MT k4mt at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 20:14:39 EST 2012

Thanks Steve:
I only hear a tone at 21316 and not 21320. Why it is not in the correct spot if that is even it is unknown to me.
I discovered I could dip it out to almost nothing but the adjustment does not work as I would expect. There are two dips on the larger capacitor.  Logic would tell you one of them must be the correct dip. But when you use those dips the pot has no effect at all. I found the correct spot is close to the deeper of the two dips. You dip it and come back just out of the dip and find the spot where the pot starts to dip the tone. You then bounce between the pot and the two caps for the best dip.  After doing that I could barely hear the tone and RX sensitivity was still normal.
I will try injecting a 21320 as you suggest to make sure I have the balance adjusted at the right frequency.
Thanks,
Gary K4MT