[TenTec] Cleaning band switches Triton IV Digital

Rich Jones michjonezee at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 15:56:03 PST 2012

I have noticed the band switch is not allowing the receive (transmit) to come through at times , wiggling the band knob helps correct this problem.  Obvious to me, dirty switch wafers.  I notice the wafers are the white ones with no obvious access to the silver plates/contacts.  Does anyone have a solution to access with D-Oxide, etc?  I remember a friend who destroyed a Corsair by not cleaning the wafers properly.  Thanks for any suggestions, Rich K8UV