[TenTec] Cleaning band switches Triton IV Digital

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 15 17:33:19 PST 2012

Here is a mere suggestion that sometimes works for me when I buy an old
radio with scratchy volume pots...    I just rotate the knob back and
forth thoroughly - from one end to the other - several times.   Often
that clears the debris and the friction acts as sort of like a
"burnishing" tool.   Cost = free... and if it does not work, you have
not altered the rig or spent much time trying.   If it works... then I
get a gold star.  Sometimes exercise is a good thing...

No guarantees... the usual disclaimers apply !    Good luck.

On 2/15/2012 6:56 PM, Rich Jones wrote:

wiggling the band knob helps correct this problem.

obvious to me, dirty switch wafers.